Monday, August 07, 2006

Ceasefire NOW

Early July I had the privilege of visiting Beirut and surrounding parts in Lebanon. Now as I watch the news, I am torn apart by images of destruction. I shudder to think that the places I've visited and the people I've smiled and said hello to are facing the worst trial of their lives. I implore everyone who reads this entry to take a few seconds to register a vote for a ceasefire. We're repeating history again and missing the chance to right some wrongs. It does not help that the world's most powerful man does not give a toss. With each day that passes without any of us making a stand, more innocent people end up suffering and even dying for it. It's not right. Living and working here in the Middle East has allowed us fair coverage of what's really going on. Stop, take a breath and know this: the news you're getting back home doesn't even begin to show you the true impact. Now click the title heading and cast that vote. If not, click here (http://www.ceasefirecampaign.org/mo/en.html)
Vote peace. Vote giving-a-damn. Vote ceasefire. And get them to leave Lebanon the hell alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home